Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Michigan

I am an only child. My father has lived with a woman for 20+ yrs, they are not married. If my father passed away how would inheritance law dictate who is entitled to what assets. We all live in Michigan, all assets are located in Michigan.

Asked on 7/09/21, 5:19 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy Klisz Klisz Law Office, PLLC

Assuming dad has no will, you and any other siblings would share in his estate, which is anything in his name only. If things are joint with the girlfriend, they would pass to her first.

Read more
Answered on 7/09/21, 6:52 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Michigan