Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Michigan

My fathers will was filed but not probated. A sister took his savings and checking accounts and put her name on them. He was declared senile and she may have taken him to sign papers, putting everything in her name. No-one knew until Mom passed that sister is not Dad's biological daughter. He did not want her in control. Is there anything we can do???

Asked on 9/13/18, 5:13 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Tatone John R. Tatone & Associates PLC

If you can prove that your father was not mentally competent when he added your sister's name to his accounts, the court may force her to refund the money to the estate and distribute same pursuant to his will. Please contact me to discuss in more detail. 5865808850 or [email protected]

Read more
Answered on 9/14/18, 5:46 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Michigan