Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Minnesota

I've received a collection notice from a former dentist claiming I owe him 4500 dollars for services 10 years ago. He was convicted of theft shortly after that time. He billed the govt. For procedures that never took place. I haven't paid on this for 5 years,questioning the validity and accuracy of these charges.

Should I respond with letter of dispute?

Asked on 11/01/21, 9:08 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Anderson Anderson Business Law LLC

If he is in Minnesota his claim may be beyond the statute of limitation.

If a third-party is collecting on his behalf, it may violate the fair debt collection practices act.

Read more
Answered on 11/01/21, 10:07 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Minnesota