Legal Question in Criminal Law in Minnesota

How should one expect to see a probation agent when sentenced a 7 year probation?


DUI (1st. Degree (felony))

Commitment to the custody of the Commissioner of Corrections:

*42 months

*Plus 5 year conditional release term

*Probation: supervised probation for 7 years

This is what I was sentenced on 2/17/2010 Offense Date:12/31/2009

I have no violations and have pending disability claim in appeal stage so I do not work. It's been 3 1/2 years that I have been out (3 years to the day since I saw my probation officer for the first time) and was denied early release because I didn't have a job. Today I asked her when this would end and she told me that I was still a high risk level. "What????"

I have not moved...Phone has not changed...No violations...No contact with law...Been to every appointment (also completed all asked)...

Now what? How long?

Asked on 6/20/13, 4:52 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC

Hello. This website provides general information, not the detailed legal advice you are seeking. I urge you to privately confer with an attorney about your issues and concerns and the attorney will be able to provide you with concrete guidance. The attorney will want to review the history of your criminal issues. Also, you would be wise not to post private information on a public website. Some attorneys are available seven days for emergency legal needs. Many attorneys will confer initially at no charge. Then, if legal work is performed, some attorneys will provide a reduced fee for financial hardship. Some attorneys may also assist you in limited scope manner to conserve legal costs. All the best. Tricia Dwyer, Esq., St. Cloud/Twin Cities, Phone: 612-296-9666 365 days until 8 p.m.

Read more
Answered on 6/20/13, 6:38 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Minnesota