Legal Question in Criminal Law in Minnesota

few months ago my daughter's fathergot a dwi & I let him pawn my laptop to get the vehicle he was driving out of impound. He agreed that he would get it back before the 30 days was up & it would be put up for sale. Between that time I found out he had lied to me about a few details from the night he got his dwi & I was very upset about it. & once it came close to time to get my laptop back or lose it he wasnt going to get it back for me. So I filled a police report & lied because I was mad & said he stole it when in fact he did not. I got the computer back but my conscious is killing me & I can't let him get locked up for something he didn't do & they want charge with aggravated robbery. & I need to know what to do too make this right even if it means I'll be in trouble. Should I just call down to the police department and tell them or what should my first few steps be? Or who can I call to get free advice on what I should do?

Asked on 6/17/14, 11:29 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC

See prior response.

Read more
Answered on 6/17/14, 12:00 pm
Maury Beaulier612.240.8005 Minnesota Lawyers

You may be charged with falsely reporting a crime. You should consult in person with legal counsel before taking any steps.

Read more
Answered on 6/21/14, 9:28 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Minnesota