Legal Question in Criminal Law in Minnesota

So a few months ago my daughter's fathergot a dwi & I let him pawn my laptop to get the vehicle he was driving out of impound. He agreed that he would get it back before the 30 days was up & it would be put up for sale. Between that time I found out he had lied to me about a few details from the night he got his dwi & I was very upset about it. & once it came close to time to get my laptop back or lose it he wasnt going to get it back for me. So I filled a police report & lied because I was mad & said he stole it when in fact he did not. I got the computer back but my conscious is killing me & I can't let him get locked up for something he didn't do & they want charge with aggravated robbery. & I need to know what to do too make this right even if it means I'll be in trouble.

Asked on 6/17/14, 6:40 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Samuel Edmunds Sieben | Edmunds PLLC

It's critical that you retain an attorney to help guide you through the process and put together a plan. It's important to balance the competing goals off setting the record straight and protecting yourself and your freedom. It's impossible to properly advise you on this online form. You should call me or another experienced attorney quickly to help you move forward.

Samuel J. Edmunds



[email protected]

Read more
Answered on 6/17/14, 7:20 am
Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC

I urge you to secure an experienced attorney at this time and she/he will help you address this complex situation. You clearly need private and confidential legal advice from an experienced attorney. Tricia Dwyer Esq Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC phone 612-296-9666

Read more
Answered on 6/17/14, 11:56 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Minnesota