Legal Question in Criminal Law in Minnesota

My son is currently incarcerated in minnesota(107 months) And recently found out he had a detainer on him for probation violation in burnet county Wis. What are his legal rights to possably getting his detainer dropped or doing a video court as to not return to wis after his times done?

Asked on 7/14/20, 3:33 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Thomas C. Gallagher Gallagher Criminal Defense

He should contact his public defender to see if he can get resolve the Wisconsin case while still serving the Minnesota sentence. If he can, many prosecutors will agree to, and judges will sentence concurrent time.

Read more
Answered on 7/14/20, 8:18 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Minnesota