Legal Question in DUI Law in Minnesota

My dad relapsed on alcohol and drank and drove. He is on his 4th dwi. He got kicked out of dwi court for this as well. He is currently in jail serving time from previous charges and he plead guilty and will be sentenced april 1st. My brother is getting married and us children are his biggest motivators. His alcohol use got worse when we grew up and moved out and I feel him missing the wedding in April will really trigger cravings and not do good. I do understand he made a mistake and this is a consequence. Can he request a furlough? He's been in jail since December and is doing the STS program and has been a good inmate. If he can request a furlough, what does he write on it?

Asked on 2/27/20, 7:48 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Thomas C. Gallagher Gallagher Criminal Defense

He can request one. The best way to do that is through his lawyer. Then the judge could say yes or no.

Read more
Answered on 2/27/20, 9:27 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Minnesota