Legal Question in Family Law in Minnesota

Iam legally divorced and have been living with my ex for years. I recently left my ex. My ex will not allow me access to the house to get my personal property. Iam on the title and mortgage. He said he does not have to let me in the house because I did a change of address at the post office. Is this true?

Asked on 2/21/17, 8:42 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC

Hello. I urge you not have someone who apparently is at odds with you be your source of info' as to what law is. So you know, your legal problem likely involves issues which extend beyond those in the nature of divorce law. Assuming these issues involve fin'l sums which are more than nominal, and, or concern, say, for items of sentimental value (no price tag...), I urge you to get this matter resolved and asap. Know that if you reside in a somewhat remote area, a very few of us att'ys routinely make specials arrangements to provide legal help to such folks. Also, be aware that a very small no. of us att'ys provide ltd' help in family law, with the realities of limited family finances firmly in mind.

Urge: Beware 'free advice'.

Read more
Answered on 2/22/17, 8:26 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Minnesota