Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Minnesota

Wedding Pictures

We hired a friend of my husbands sister to take pictures at our wedding almost 2 years ago. She had claimed to have worked in photography for quite a few years. She was there for the wedding and took pics w/ a digital cam and a regular camera. It took almost 3 months after our wedding that we were able to reach her by phone, where she said she had lost the films from the regular camera and deleted pics off the digital camera before we could see the pictures. She failed to get a family pic that we had originally ordered. So she had said that she could take a family pic for christmas cards. But she kept cancelling the picture date so those were never taken. We did receive some pics, and picked some to go into a $200 photo album that we had purchased from her. It will be 2 years on Oct. 16th and we still havent had a family picture taken, and we still havent received our photo album. Every time we have tried to contact her by phone, she avoids our calls or doesnt call us back. I dont know what else to do to get this finished up and get our wedding pictures, or our money back.

Asked on 10/03/06, 9:00 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Anderson Anderson Business Law LLC

Re: Wedding Pictures

You could go right to court, or hire an attorney to send a Demand Letter (certified mail or e-mail).

This would be billable. ANy deposit paid on the wedding shoot?

Read more
Answered on 10/03/06, 9:07 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Minnesota