Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Minnesota

My three brothers and I inherited a cabin 25 years ago. I have been paying all bills and doing all maintenance. I would like to buy them out, but they won't sell. Is there a way to force a sale? Thank you.

Asked on 6/22/17, 9:33 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Morgan Kavanaugh Wilkerson & Hegna, PLLP

There is a legal mechanism called a partition action that would require you to file a lawsuit against your brothers. You would then ask a court to force a sale. In many partition actions a settlement agreement can be reached to resolve the dispute. Please contact me if you would like a free initial consultation to discuss further. 952-897-1707.

Read more
Answered on 6/22/17, 10:03 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Minnesota