Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Minnesota

If I win a judgement in conciliation court against the builder of my home can I put a lien on property he's building? He did not pay a $11,000 Master HOA assessment before the closing.

Asked on 1/03/18, 7:40 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Hellmuth Hellmuth & Johnson, PLLC

If you get a judgment, it is generally a lien against real estate owned by the judgment holder. However, their a special procedures required. You may wish to do a garnishment/levy against the builder's bank account. Our firm can assist you with these procedures, which can be complicated for a non lawyer. If you want to retain a lawyer, feel free to contact me. My email address is [email protected] and my phone number is (952) 941-4005.

Read more
Answered on 1/03/18, 8:42 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Minnesota