Legal Question in Criminal Law in Missouri

My mother has been in prison for 5 years in Missouri. We have filed for reconsideration and reduction of sentence twice. My question is... Is it legal to set a meeting up with the prosecuter and presiding judge in the judges chamber to request the reduction of sentence w/ the proper paperwork in hand? We will not have any representation- this will be an informal meeting.

Thank you

Asked on 5/14/10, 10:38 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith

There appears to be nothing "illegal" about what you propose. But, it is very unlikely that the judge and prosecutor will do what you propose. If your mother truly wants to have her situation changed, she or her friends and family should hire counsel to represent her in that endeavor.

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 5/25/10, 9:54 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Missouri