Legal Question in Personal Injury in Missouri

If, on the clock (contracted security, driving the security company's vehicle for a major Hospital), I accidently struck an on foot EMT while slowly backing up, can I get financial assistance to help compensate the person struck from either the hospital, the security company or any insurance companies involved? I got a twenty pound packet of paperwork from the struck persons lawyer today, basically saying that he wants me to settle with him for $1,700,000.00 or my security company and I will be sued. What do I do first?

Asked on 2/18/16, 11:05 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mel Franke Mel G. Franke, Attorney at Law

Your employer is liable if you did this on the job. His liability insurer must provide an attorney and defend his company. You need your own attorney to protect you.

Read more
Answered on 2/22/16, 7:30 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Missouri