Legal Question in Traffic Law in Missouri

In Missouri speeding ticket for 78 in a 55. Can pay out of court what ate the license point ramifications?

Asked on 4/24/22, 5:06 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Andrea Rogers The Rogers Law Firm

You can call the court clerk and ask if they will allow you to plead guilty and pay the fine online. Some courts require a court appearance for any ticket for 20 or more miles over the speed limit. If you plead guilty, your car insurance rates may increase, and 2 or 3 points will be added to your driving record. (2 points if this is being prosecuted in municipal court, or 3 points if it's in county circuit court.) You can hire a traffic ticket lawyer to get your ticket amended to a non-moving, no-point infraction so you won't have any points, and your insurance company will never know that you received the ticket. You won't have to appear in court if you hire an attorney.

Read more
Answered on 4/24/22, 8:48 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in Missouri