Legal Question in Traffic Law in Missouri

I was traveling thru Missouri and received a speeding ticket in Pulaski County, City St. Robert. I heard that you can pay double for the ticket and not receive points on your license, is that true?

Asked on 9/26/18, 3:00 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Andrea Rogers The Rogers Law Firm

No, that's not exactly how it works. You may be thinking of how tickets are handled in Kansas or some other state. In Missouri, you will have to hire a traffic law attorney to get your speeding ticket amended to a non-moving, no-point infraction. In exchange for amending your ticket, the court will require you to pay a slightly higher fine plus court costs. You won't have to appear in court, and the Prosecutor usually gives defendants at least 30 days to pay.

Read more
Answered on 9/26/18, 3:10 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in Missouri