Legal Question in Traffic Law in Missouri

Can I pay double my speeding ticket and have it changed to a smaller violation and not affect my insurance in Independence, MO? Jackson County? Without needing an attorney?

Asked on 8/27/16, 7:09 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Richard Simons

You are required to have an attorney in Independence to amend your ticket. If the speed was less than 30 MPH the fine and court costs should be $225.00 in that jurisdiction.

All information provided by this site, including summaries and articles on legal topics, is general in nature and provided for informational purposes only. This information is not intended as legal advice, and should not be taken as such. Legal advice involves an attorney’s application of legal knowledge and judgment to specific facts and circumstances presented by a client. Before providing specific advice, a lawyer may need to conduct legal research and/or obtain additional facts. Nonlawyers should therefore not draw conclusions about what may be legally required, permissible, or advisable based solely upon consultation of general sources of legal information, including this and other law firm websites, without first seeking appropriate legal advice.

Read more
Answered on 8/27/16, 8:58 pm
Richard Simons

Fairly easy to do

Read more
Answered on 8/27/16, 9:03 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in Missouri