Legal Question in Workers Comp in Missouri

Notice of conference

I passed out at work. Reason undetermined. Possibly a seizure. Never had seizure before. Broke shoulder and cut face. Recieved work comp pay and med bills payed. I did not file a claim. I now must go to a conference board in which i am not allowed to bring a lawyer. Reportedly the dr that took care of my shoulder gave me a permanent disability rating. Rating unknown. I know that my work lawyer and their ins lawyer will be there and try to get me to agree to their amount. My worry is should i agree and then need surgery on my shoulder. I beleave i will be out of work without pay and have to pay the med bills on my own. I don't think my ins would pay for work related injury.

The reason i worry is that my shoulder seems to be giving me more and more problems. I.E. Pain,popping and limited movement. Thank you.

Asked on 7/17/05, 12:05 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael R. Nack Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law

Re: Notice of conference

You were very smart to seek legal advice before going to this "conference board meeting" or whatever. Please do yourself a big favor and call me at my office as soon as you can so that I can give you the contact information for the best worker's compensatin lawyer in the state. If you do, and then if you call him, you will get all of the answers you need without charge. If you decide to use him as your attorney he will agree to work on a contingency fee basis, so that his fee will come out of any final settlement you get. Please call me at 314-727-2822.

Read more
Answered on 7/17/05, 1:46 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Missouri