Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Nebraska

executor verses conservator

My father appointed my sister to be executor over his estate. He passed away and my sister said she is also included with this to be the conservator. My mother is alive and incapacitated. I am one of her legal guardians. My sister feels she is now in control over my mothers estate as my dad left her to be executor. And upon my mothers death she left her as executor. Does this also include conservator?

Asked on 3/12/08, 4:59 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Duke Drouillard Drouillard Law, LLC

Re: executor verses conservator

Only a probate court judge can grant the authority to anyone to serve as guardian, conservator, or executor of an estate. Your mother or father may nominate someone to serve in that capacity, but only the probate court can grant that authority.

Read more
Answered on 3/12/08, 11:11 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Nebraska