Legal Question in Real Estate Law in New Hampshire

two of us has name on mortgage neither of us lives there and both invested into the property. Either of us has the finances to buy each out I want to sell the house but the other individual won't sell. Can I file a partition lawsuit to force the other to sell. The property is located in NH and owned it together for 11 years needs about $10,000 worth work will probably loose money which I would take a lost at this point but I don't want to put more money into it as i'm on a low income social security.

Asked on 4/02/17, 11:34 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Skinner, III Associated Attorneys of New England

Yes, you can file a partition action and one remedy would be a forced sale. We can assist with the Partition action, OR, we can assist you with the listing and selling the property if you and your partner can agree. It would probably be best if you both could agree and it would be my recommendation to try that first. If all else fails, we'd be happy to work on the partition action for you too. Feel free to reach out to my office for assistance.

Read more
Answered on 4/02/17, 11:59 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in New Hampshire