Legal Question in Construction Law in New Jersey

We are building a new home that was to be built according to contract in 6-8 months weather permitting, but it is now almost 2 years later, and little work has been done in the past 6 months by the contractor. He continues to ask for more money, but to date has been overpaid according to the contract. If we cannot get him to complete the work, can we legally tell him that we need to hire someone else to complete it and bill him for it? The project is in New Jersey.

Asked on 2/05/18, 4:52 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jef Henninger, Esq Law Offices of Jef Henninger, Esq.

You have to be real careful here. Some intervention from a lawyer could go a long way to smoothing this over. Call us at 1-855-9-JEFLAW to discuss

Read more
Answered on 2/05/18, 4:56 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Construction Law questions and answers in New Jersey