Legal Question in Criminal Law in New Jersey

An officer walked away from me after confiscating my fake ID and I took probably 5 steps away from him and he yelled "get back" and I walked back to where he was and he arrested me for "Obstruction of Justice". I assume he considered my 5 steps "fleeing" which I was not attempting at all. What do I do to fight this? Can I get any compensation for the wrongful arrest?

Asked on 5/30/18, 10:26 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jef Henninger, Esq Law Offices of Jef Henninger, Esq.

Hire a lawyer and let your lawyer fight the case for you to get it dismissed. Call me anytime at 1-855-9-JEFLAW to discuss further.

Read more
Answered on 5/31/18, 4:43 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in New Jersey