Legal Question in Family Law in New Jersey

can my child's father get his payments lowered if his girlfriend is pregnant and she has a child already that isn't his and we are still legally married?

Asked on 1/21/14, 8:17 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Robert Davies The Davies Law Firm, P.A.

You really REALLY need to talk to a lawyer.

A smart lawyer can really help you in this situation.

Call me, come in and see me. I will not charge you any money for the first office visit.

But you have a child, and this idiot is already making a baby with some other woman, wants to lower his child support payments, and he is still married to you?

Please, let me help you.

Robert Davies, Attorney

201 820 3460

Read more
Answered on 1/21/14, 8:21 am
Robert Gleaner Robert A. Gleaner, P.C.

Your child's father is entitled to have his child support calculated for two children once the second child is born. This may result in a reduction of child support to you.

Keep in mind that this advice is based purely on the little bit of information that you have given to me. There certainly may be other factors that would change my opinion. Further, no one can rely on advice from an attorney who has not been retained. You will only be able to rely on advice from an attorney who you have actually retained. Be sure to call an attorney as quickly as possible to discuss this matter. Good luck! Rob Gleaner

Read more
Answered on 1/21/14, 8:58 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New Jersey