Legal Question in Family Law in New Jersey

I have court on Thursday for child support and visitation. His father and I were never married and his father has been in and out of his life. He has schizophrenia but I don't have documentation of that. How can I change the visitation to monitored visitation and they not be over night stays. My son is currently 6 yrs old and has ADHD and motor issues. He has negatively affected my child thinking.Also is their a way this is affecting my son and how the court can take his prenatal rights?

Asked on 9/19/17, 2:03 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Robert Davies The Davies Law Firm, P.A.

The best way to handle this would be an expert attorney to organize and present the information to the Judge.

You will need to tell the Judge what your concerns are, what the problems are. You will need to show the Judge any documents that help to show what you are saying. You may want to have other people come to court and tell the Judge what they know about these problems.

And you will certainly want to ask the Judge to order that a Court-appointed Psychologist investigate and report back to the Judge about his problems, and also interview you and your son too. If not a Psychologist, then a similar mental health professional.

For more assistance, you should talk to a good family law attorney right away. Do not wait!

Read more
Answered on 9/19/17, 2:09 pm
Jef Henninger, Esq Law Offices of Jef Henninger, Esq.

Feel free to call me at 1-855-9-JEFLAW to discuss further.

Read more
Answered on 9/19/17, 2:30 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New Jersey