Legal Question in Immigration Law in New Jersey

My fiance & I want to get married and fix his problems. He has an expired visa wavier. We live in NJ and went to a couple different lawyers. One said that they are holding these cases and there is some chance he would have to go back to his country. The other lawyer said that he has cases going through. We have friends that got married about 5 years ago and everything went smoothly and he got his papers. Are they going to accept all visa wavier cases or are they still holding many?

Asked on 1/15/11, 6:55 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Luba Smal Smal Immigration Law Office

Yes, it could be possible to obtain residency (green card) without having to go back to his country if he was admitted to the USA on a visa waiver and married a US citizen.

If youd like to schedule a confidential telephone or email legal consultation, need legal advice or help, please let me know and Id be glad to help you. I am an immigration attorney and offer confidential consultations and legal help in matters of the U.S.A. federal immigration law to clients from all 50 States and internationally. Please email your inquiries at and Ill send you a Questionnaire and consultation fee instructions. Office Telephone line is 1-402-210-2040 (please EMAIL first to schedule a consultation appointment with an attorney).

Note: The above response is provided for legal information purposes only and should not be considered a legal advice; it doesnt create an attorney-client relationship. For more information or to schedule a consultation, please visit

Read more
Answered on 1/20/11, 7:10 am
Latangie Williams Law Office of Latangie Williams, P.A.

You should consult with an immigration attorney about the specifics of your case. For assistance, please give me a call at 1-800-408-5818 or email me at

Read more
Answered on 1/20/11, 7:13 am
Jef Henninger, Esq Law Offices of Jef Henninger, Esq.

You have to have an attorney that will fight for you to make sure everything gets handled. I'd be happy to help. Call me at 732/773/2768 to discuss.

Read more
Answered on 1/20/11, 7:23 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in New Jersey