Legal Question in Immigration Law in New Jersey

Can I have the temporary condition removed from my green card if my abusive husband and I are no longer together?

Asked on 2/08/11, 7:05 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Luba Smal Smal Immigration Law Office

Yes, you can but it could be very difficult. I suggest you hire a lawyer. You will need to prove abuse - if you are still married and not divorced. Are you married but separated or divorced?

I'd be glad to help. I have experience in similar cases.

If you would like to request a confidential telephone or email consultation regarding your specific situation, or need help with reviewing the documents and paperwork that you prepared yourself, please EMAIL me directly at [email protected] and I will send you a Questionnaire. Or complete an Info Form with a consultation request at . Office Telephone line is 1-402-210-2040 (please EMAIL first to schedule a consultation appointment). I am an immigration attorney and work with clients from all states and globally.

Note: The above response is provided for legal information purposes only and should not be considered a legal advice; it doesn’t create an attorney-client relationship. For more information or to schedule a consultation, please visit On Facebook, search for "Smal Immigration Law Office, Luba Smal, Attorney at Law".

Read more
Answered on 2/09/11, 6:41 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in New Jersey