Legal Question in Real Estate Law in New Jersey

question on fire damage

i was in a house fire. i live with my inlaws. all of my possions and my kids stuff was destroyed. my inlaws got the check and are not giving us our part to buy the stuff that was damage. what do i do because they did claim out our stuff and got the money for it

Asked on 11/02/06, 9:41 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Davies The Davies Law Firm, P.A.

Re: question on fire damage

what you have described is very bad, morally wrong, and possibly criminal fraud by them. They are not entitled to payment for your damaged goods. You are.

I am inclined to try to help you if I can. Please give me a call; I am in northern New Jersey. I will be happy to discuss this with you; the telephone consultation will be free.

My contact information can be obtained from the links below, just click on the Attorney Profile link. Let my secretary know you found me through LawGuru.

Disclaimer: Your question and any response does NOT create an attorney-client relationship between you and this law firm. You can not rely on the statements made by an attorney given over the internet. The exact facts of your situation, including facts which you have not mentioned in your question, may completely change the result for your situation.

Read more
Answered on 11/03/06, 10:34 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in New Jersey