Legal Question in Civil Litigation in New York

I live in Suffolk County. A doctor I want to sue lives and has office in Nassau County. Which county can I file a law suit in? Suffolk County only or I can file also in Nassau County as well, if I so choose?

Asked on 10/10/12, 1:12 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Markowitz Michael A. Markowitz, PC

If you are filing your claim in Supreme Court, you may file in either Nassau or Suffolk County. If you are filing your claim in District Court, you may only file your claim in Nassau County.


Read more
Answered on 10/10/12, 1:56 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in New York