Legal Question in Civil Litigation in New York

I made $9,000.00 worth of payments on my boyfriends motorcycle. Can I take him to court to get reimbursed? The bike is in his name but I have records of the payments. And of course, we are no longer together and he lives in a different state. Please advise.

Asked on 10/24/17, 8:48 am

1 Answer from Attorneys


You may not get it back; he could claim it was an irrevocable gift. Furthermore, you have to travel to the State he resides to sue him in the limited jurisdiction court of that State. Moreover, even if you obtain a judgment against him, does he have any assets for you to collect on? Talk to him nicely and find out if he is willing to reimburse you somewhat on good faith and your relationship.

Read more
Answered on 10/24/17, 8:51 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in New York