Legal Question in Immigration Law in New York

If someone has made a false claim to citizenship by checking the "citizen" box on job forms and later marries a citizen, is there any viable path to citizenship?

Asked on 10/28/15, 5:36 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Philip Eichorn Hammond Law Group

Yes but its a tough road and there has to be other facts in place for you to succeed. In general false claims to citizenship bar adjustment of status cases (green cards through family or employment). However a person who receives a UVisa or a person who is granted Cancellation of removal for nonlawful permanent residents doesn't have that same bar.

Read more
Answered on 10/29/15, 3:52 am
Rahul Manchanda, Esq. Manchanda Law Office PLLC

Please call me at (212) 968-8600 to discuss your case and matters. Kind regards, RDM

Read more
Answered on 11/07/15, 2:27 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in New York