Legal Question in International Law in New York

We recently inherited 50% of a house in Italy. The family member who now owns the other 50% lives in Italy and we are concerned that they may begin to start construction on the house without our actually buying our 50%. How do we ensure that do not begin any sort of alterations prior to them purchasing the entire house. All of the legal documents regarding the ownership of the house have been handled, but we fear that they might try to use the premises entirely and never pay for our portion of the house. Is there a "no work" order that can be legally filed?

Asked on 8/20/15, 12:39 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys


You should consult with an attorney in Italy and would probably be better off selling your portion.

Read more
Answered on 8/20/15, 12:43 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More International Law questions and answers in New York