Legal Question in Personal Injury in New York

We were awarded a settlement in a law suit. According to the judgement the award was to administered within approximately 21 days. 6 months later we have received nothing. Do we have an option to sue for hardship or negligence?

Asked on 4/29/20, 9:26 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Sherri Plotkin Rheingold Giuffra Ruffo & Plotkin LLP

Yes. Pursuant to the Civil Practice Laws & Rules (CPLR), Section 5003-a, if you do not receive the settlement funds within 21 days, you have the right to enter a judgment, with interest from the date the settlement documents were submitted, against the defendant. Sherri L. Plotkin, Esq.; 917-658-8177

Read more
Answered on 4/29/20, 9:37 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in New York