Legal Question in Real Estate Law in New York

I was left a home in my parents Will. What form do I need to fill out to get the Deed in my name?

Asked on 4/27/20, 10:41 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

The will must go to probate to appoint the Executor who can then convey a new deed.

I can help you with this if needed.

Read more
Answered on 4/27/20, 10:48 am
Richard Bryan Richard Bryan Attorney PC

I don't understand what you mean by "my parents will." Your mom and dad had a single Will between the both of them? And they died at the same time? That can't be what you mean.

In any event, the Executor gives you an "Executor's Deed" to transfer title to the house to you.

Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 4/27/20, 8:30 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in New York