Legal Question in Criminal Law in North Carolina

I got caught with a very small amount of marijuana and what the cop called paraphanelia but was just part of my vaporizer but he wrote pipe on the citation. I was basically tricked by a cop into letting him search my apartment after a girl let him in and I have a court date in 2 days and I just off the phone with a lawyer that said it would be between 500 and a 1000 dollars to hire a lawyer and she said if I went in myself I'd get convicted. I don't have that much money but I'm about to graduate college amd don't want this on my record. What are my best options?

Amanda Houser The Houser Law Firm, P.C.

You're just gonna have to bite the bullet and pony up the dough if you want this to stay off your record. Based on your question, a grand seems a bit much for just the attorney fee but $500 is about right for what you are charged with.

More Criminal Law questions and answers in North Carolina