Legal Question in Criminal Law in North Carolina

I have to go to court for marijuana possesion and para tomorrow and wanted to know if there's anything I can say to get out of it like I bought it legally in Colorado? or just say i take it at night in my aprtment to help me sleep. and the para was part of a vaporizer that I could say isn't para at all. but I know nothing about court help is greatly appreciated.

Asked on 5/07/14, 10:33 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Amanda Houser The Houser Law Firm, P.C.

if you blow the transmission in your car and your not a mechanic and know nothing about transmissions you wouldn't in a million years ever think to yourself I'm gonna fix it myself. So why then with court, something even more important than a transmission and something you admit you know nothing about would you consider handling it yourself? I can tell you this much, if you go into court yourself and use the lame excuses you came up with you will get about as far as a person who attempts to fix their own transmission and doesn't have a clue what they are doing! Just go in and ask for a either a continuance to allow you additional time to hire an attorney or ask to be interviewed for a court appointed attorney or public defender depending on your particular district. I believe Forsyth County has a Public Defenders office.

Read more
Answered on 5/07/14, 11:10 am
Michelle Sparrow Sparrow Law Firm

Thank you for your inquiry. If you would like to speak with an attorney, please contact our office at (919) 829-3500. We look forward to hearing from you.

Read more
Answered on 5/08/14, 5:51 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in North Carolina