Legal Question in Family Law in North Carolina

I'm not a citizen of the country but these papers say in citizen of county. Does this need to be changed? Also they put the wrong middle name and miss spelled my maiden name do I need to be served again?

Asked on 5/27/20, 4:29 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Amanda Houser The Houser Law Firm, P.C.

We'd kinda need to see the paperwork in order to give you any sort of meaningful opinion. It sounds very much like your husband served you with divorce papers. If so, and you don't care if a divorce is granted - what do you care if the paperwork is correct? You likely should consult with a local attorney who can review your situation in more detail and lay out your options for you. You could be giving up some rights if you miss your deadline to respond. Best of luck.

Read more
Answered on 5/27/20, 2:39 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in North Carolina