Legal Question in Family Law in North Carolina

I filled out a 50B protective order Friday due to an altercation we had Thursday. The judge wasn’t able to see my case because we know each other personally. I am to return Monday. However, it is not my intentions to have all of his guns taken. He is a career hunting guide and his guns are needed for his job. Can I cancel the order Monday before I see a different judge?

Asked on 3/07/20, 8:13 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Amanda Houser The Houser Law Firm, P.C.

You didn't fill out an order - only a Judge (or in some cases a clerk of court) can do that - you made a complaint. As to the gun deal - your intentions are irrelevant, the law is the law. As to 'canceling', again you can make the request but you don't have the authority to decide the court order.

Read more
Answered on 3/07/20, 9:28 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in North Carolina