Legal Question in Family Law in North Carolina

If I have primary custody and father has one night a week and every other weekend visitation can I move out of the county without losing custody?

Asked on 3/09/12, 10:22 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

If you have a marital settlement/separation agreement or custody order, then read that. If it says nothing, you can move out of the county, but what arrangements will be made so the father can still have visitation with the child? How far away are you moving? You need to thing about the logistics of transportation and distance. If you and the father cannot work something out, then purt it in writing. If you can't agree, then the father can always go back to court and ask the court to modify the existing order or even give him custody based on changed circumstances.

Read more
Answered on 3/09/12, 10:06 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in North Carolina