Legal Question in Traffic Law in North Carolina

I was the passenger in a car accident with my friend who was intoxicated. I was also intoxicated. She crashed into a telephone pole and then proceeded to leave the vehicle. I thought she was concussed or heavily injured because I saw her swaying as she walked so I followed her to make sure she was okay. However, she got away from me and by the time the police officers picked me up I was a few blocks away from the scene of the accident. I was unaware that it was illegal to leave an accident and was then charged with I T-PASSENGER FLEE ACC PROP DAM. The offense violation is I 20-166.2(A). How should I proceed?

Asked on 11/03/19, 11:44 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Well for starters you shouldn't be making admissions to crimes on a public forum. As to what you should be doing, you should be hiring the best criminal defense attorney you can afford. You should also consider not telling that story in court because even if it is true, it comes off as incredibly unbelievable.

Read more
Answered on 11/03/19, 8:18 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in North Carolina