Legal Question in Family Law in Ohio

I have lived in SC for 11 years, originally due to taking over a business my husband bought and needed management for . After 5 years in the "business" it was sold then I stayed to pay back all of vendors that still needed cleared. I never moved back to Ohio, even though My children were in college, which all (5) are between 26-31 years old. Technically I am still married and though he is still a practicing physician at the age of 76, he has successfully bankrupted all assets and foreclosed on almost all properties that we had, including our home where we raised our 5 children. I found out about losing the house in April after he had stopped making payments in Oct. Now...I want out, first it was don't divorce me while "my" mother is still alive, she is gone, and I need to get out from under his toxicity. I want nothing other than my freedom. What direction do I go? Preferably low cost, with minimal attorney fees.

Asked on 7/20/10, 8:49 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Nancy Fioritto Patete Nancy Fioritto Patete, Esq.

You don't say whether your spouse is living in Ohio or South Carolina. The easiest means for a divorce, at least in Ohio, is by way of a dissolution. I suggest consulting with attorneys in your state about how to proceed since your residency is South Carolina.

Read more
Answered on 7/22/10, 10:27 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Ohio