Legal Question in Personal Injury in Ohio

I was injured at work . My company and union knowingly allowed me to work on dangerous equipment while impaired on drug/and alcohol. (many witnesses to verify they had knowledge and did nothing to-discipline me or prevent my accident).I have resigned since my accident.(no longer an employee).I was employed there for 18 + years and they are a fortune 500 company.

Asked on 6/12/10, 7:59 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Neil Rubin Neil S. Rubin, Attorney at Law, LLC

This message is not meant to: 1) contain my signature; 2) contain legal advice; 3) create an attorney/client relationship; or 4) guarantee confidentiality.

An employer's intentional tort is a very hard to case to win in Ohio. Moreover, your own culpability will probably negate the liability of the employer.

Read more
Answered on 6/13/10, 11:10 am
Andrew Tobergte McKenzie & Snyder LLP.

I agree with Mr. Rubin that an intentional tort action would be highly unlikely. However, bringing a workers' compensation claim may not be out of the question. Feel free to contact me to discuss your situation in more detail. 513-737-5180 ext. 22

Read more
Answered on 6/14/10, 5:25 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Ohio