Legal Question in Personal Injury in Ohio

what happens when medical bills are over insurance caps and the person who was at fault doesn't have much money?

Asked on 10/07/09, 8:20 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Andrew Tobergte McKenzie & Snyder LLP.

I would be happy to discuss that issue with you. Give me a call at my office (513-737-5180) when you get the time.

Andrew Tobergte

Attorney at Law

Read more
Answered on 10/08/09, 8:31 am
David Michael Benson Benson Law Firm

The insurance companies will often settle their obligations for the policy limits when it is clear that that is the extent of their obligation. When the actual tortfeasor (person causing the accident) doesn't have much money, we call that "judgment proof" and decide not to pursue a case against them.

However, you may have access to med pay under your own policy or there may be another insurance policy somewhere one can look to.

Read more
Answered on 10/08/09, 9:16 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Ohio