Legal Question in Personal Injury in Ohio

My mother was rear-ended in 1/09, resulted in a back surgery in 10/09, what's the average pain/suffering settlement in a case like this? Car and medical have been taken care of.

Asked on 5/05/10, 8:25 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Anthony Castelli Law Office of Anthony D. Castelli

This is a very difficult question to answer . Normally we want to review all the medical facts and background. what kind of surgery. How long was your mother in pain. What are her limitations. How have her activities been affected. does she have permanent problems. you could have a range from $50,000. to $150,000.00. this is just a guestimate, the best thing is to consult an experienced peronal injury attorney in your area . Or get the offer and take it to an attoreny and see if they will take the case for a fee based upon anything they get you above the written offer.

Read more
Answered on 5/11/10, 5:22 am
Andrew Tobergte McKenzie & Snyder LLP.

I agree with Mr. Castelli. All personal injury claims are very fact specific. Consulting with an experienced attorney in your area for an in depth analysis of your mother's specific case is your best bet. Note, in Ohio you generally have two years from the date of the accident to file suit.

Read more
Answered on 5/11/10, 5:48 am
Vaseem Hadi Rendigs, Fry, Kiely & Dennis LLP

How much were the medicals? Did she make a full recovery? Any permanent conditions and/or aggravation? Lost wages?

Vaseem S. Hadi


Read more
Answered on 5/11/10, 7:15 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Ohio