Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Ohio

what do i need to close my dads checking account , he passed 2 weeks ago, i have death certificate

Asked on 8/08/19, 9:23 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Christine Socrates Christine Sabio Socrates, Attorney at Law

Once you notify the bank that your father has passed, they will only transfer funds to a joint holder of the bank account or a beneficiary designated on the account, if any. If the account was held in your father's name alone without a beneficiary named, or person named as POD or TOD, you will need to obtain either file for a Relief from Administration or a full estate depending on the value of the probate assets. If you need assistance, please contact my office.

Read more
Answered on 8/08/19, 12:12 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Ohio