Legal Question in Business Law in Oklahoma

My dad is a produce vendor. He delivered produce in Oklahoma and the check he received bounced. They are now refusing to pay. What can he do? First the promised to pay and asked for extensions, now they are saying the person that wrote the check is no longer in charge and are refusing to pay.

Asked on 2/28/11, 5:12 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kevin B. Murphy Franchise Foundations, APC

As a Franchise Attorney I can say this. Besides a demand letter (that's probably not going to do anything) your Dad needs to file a lawsuit to collect what's owed. Depending on the amount, it may be under small claim court jurisdiction. Small claims court has advisers that help you. Consult with a good business or franchise attorney in your area for specific advice.

Mr. Franchise - Kevin B. Murphy, B.S., M.B.A., J.D.

Franchise Foundations, a Professional Corporation

Read more
Answered on 2/28/11, 5:40 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Oklahoma