Legal Question in Consumer Law in Pennsylvania

I initially made a $300.00 good faith down payment on 12/14/2011,

the Insurance company made three payments 12/29/2011, 01/04/2012 & 01/09/2012

and I made a last and Final Payment of $713.90 on 12/29/2011 satisfying the bill.

I received a letter from THE DENTISTRY dated 08/ 24/ 2017, stating that I owe the DENTISTRY $316.10.

Then, I received a certified letter, from the magistrate on 09/14/17,

stating that I had an option to pay THE DENTISTRY $314.00, plus $93.64 in filing costs or appear in court to challenge the charges.

After I received the certified letter, I called THE DENTISTRY and spoke to Allyson (because her name was on the Civil Complaint ACTION against me).

I tried to discuss and explain to Allyson that a misunderstanding is going on, and that I do not owe THE DENTISTRY any money.

and Allyson smugly stated to me, that it’s too late, and arrogantly said that the papers have already been filed, that she is taking me to court, for me to tell it to the Judge !

I then called the Magistrates Office and stated to them that I opt to appear in court on 10/24/2017 to challenge the charges filed against me in the Action.

Then on 09/25/17, I received another certified letter from the magistrate stating that the case will be extended to 11/08/2017,

and the amount now being demanded was increased by THE DENTISTRY to $1,330.00, with no explanation or justification as to why;

plus, and unknown amount for their attorney’s fee, court cost, service to process to collect the money and all other expenses (is this fair, legal or unjust enrichment ?)

and the revised filing fees with the Magistrate (because of the increase in the amount demanded by THE DENTISTRY) is now increased to $116.40.

How do I defend my self ?

Asked on 10/14/17, 1:22 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Greg Artim Morrow & Artim, P.C.

To answer your question, you don't defend yourself. Take a consumer attorney, or at least consult with one. It sounds like you may have a counter claim against the dentistry.

Read more
Answered on 10/14/17, 1:47 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania