Legal Question in Family Law in Pennsylvania

My husband just up and left out of the blue (got married to young and wants to live whatever that means) and wants to give me the house (still 150,000 left on mortgage). He told me he would give me 60 thousand cash from his retirement that I could put on the mortgage to pay down so I can remortgage. I want to go for child support and alimony. As I have everyday household bills, health insurance, credit card bills, college bills; which I am willing to take on as long as I am getting support. We are married for 22 years. We have two children our daughter is 21 in college and our son just turned 17 and is a junior in high school so I realize I can only get for him. Can we make this a simple divorce of handing over the house, retirement money, and then set up child support and alimony money or is that too good to be true. The biggest thing is the child support and alimony as we don't know how that works. I think that is what scares him. He already said he needs to live too. But I need to be able to pay the bills as well. He makes a lot more money then I do.

Asked on 12/05/18, 9:28 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Davidson Law Office of John A. Davidson

I see lots of facts. However I didn't see a question. What it sounds like is that you need to talk to a real lawyer to get an idea where you're going.


Read more
Answered on 12/05/18, 11:40 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Pennsylvania