Legal Question in Family Law in Pennsylvania

A Pennsylvania county court has ruled that a parent [who has previously been incarcerated for removing his non-custodial children from the state] does not have permission to remove his children from the county. They are now enrolled in our school in another state. We admitted the children based on a birth certificate, which listed him as the natural father, without knowing that his parental rights have been terminated, acting in good faith on the available information. It has since been revealed that he was in violation of a court order restricting the removal of the children and that his parental rights have been revoked by a court. Are we potentially guilty of obstruction of justice?

Asked on 11/01/18, 10:42 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Davidson Law Office of John A. Davidson

No there is no such crime i Pennsylvania. In Pennsylvania it's call interference with the administration of just. But you're not guilty of that. You need to contact the courts and get the child returned.


Read more
Answered on 11/02/18, 6:29 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Pennsylvania