Legal Question in Family Law in Puerto Rico

I am disabled on ssi without any cash just medicaid and shelter allowance. I am behind on child support payments. I can't work. what to do?

Asked on 1/28/12, 8:36 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Julio C. Alejandro Julio C. Alejandro Serrano Attorney at Law

If you are in arrears in child support payments you may petition the Court for a review of the monthly allowance, so that it properly reflects the time-period in which you were declared eligible for child, assuming that your Social Security Insurance is paying for disability. The same is true if you just received the benefits after reaching the statutory age, but the time period will be counted prospectively. The Court may also estasblish a payment plan which breaks up the arrears into 24 payments to be made monthly.

Read more
Answered on 2/06/12, 9:46 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Puerto Rico