Legal Question in Criminal Law in South Carolina

a young man approx. 20 and his girlfriend are threatening bodily harm to me and my kids. They have said where they are going to jump my son and how many of them will be there. Several vulgar texts I have screenshotted and posts via facebook. What are my options. I do not want to worry about him breaking in my home or hurting us.

Asked on 7/25/16, 5:02 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Johnston Law Offices of Robert J. Johnston

You need to contact the police, with all the evidence you have, and ask them to document (with Police Reports, a.k.a. Incident Reports) every threat and event you've experienced. It sounds like they may have already committed one or more crimes. The police may be able to help you immediately. For future reference, understand that the police insist that all crimes be immediately reported. They frown on reports days or weeks after its happened. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 7/29/16, 9:47 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in South Carolina